GI Group Driver/Coordinator Vacancy
The Mobility and Fleet Services department at our prestigious automotive clients Head Office in Farnborough is seeking a Driver/Coordinator to start working with them on an Open Ended Contract from June 2018.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing a Premium Brand focused driving function and to support the provision of Fleet Management Services to the Group and provide transport and fleet technical support including covering Driver Services systems when operational necessity exists.
Day to day duties include:
* Driving the official vehicles in a professional, safe, & responsible manor
* Manual handling of luggage and event equipment
* Ensuring the vehicles are fully fuelled, inspected and valeted for each movement
* Booking vehicles In & Out of the DCM Fleet Management system to full compliance. Recording mileage, time and damage
* Reconciling monthly invoices from suppliers against the frame contracts along with fuel card statements and receipts
* Provide operational and technical support to the Driver Services & Fleet Management Department in the UK & Ireland.
* Ordering in a timely manner replacement official vehicles ensuring the correct specification for the vehicles with Internal Sales
* Maintain records of vehicle loan forms, driver details etc for Event drivers supporting Ground Transport.
* Inspecting vehicles at beginning and end of Events/Loan. Recording and documenting of any damage and reporting back to Manager Mobility and Fleet Services / Event Team
The suitable candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Be flexible and prepared to work some unsocial hours including weekends
* To act as a Brand Ambassador at all times for the Group whilst providing a premium ground transport service
* Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with external suppliers
* Act as coach, role model and advisor to suppliers and Dealers prior to and during events
* Be able to understand and keep up to date with the Road Traffic Legislations
* Efficient provision to the business adhering to legal compliance and Group requirements.
For this busy and challenging role you will be confident working on your own as well as part of a larger team. You will be self-motivated with the ability to rise to the challenge and ever changing deadlines. You will have excellent verbal and communication skills with an ability to adapt to any given situation and must be competent in both Microsoft Word and Excel.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the groups brand and will keep up with organisational changes as well as the Groups products.
This position is based on a 45hr working week with 2 days off per week. These hours can be varied and involve early starts and late finishes, due to this, living within 30 miles of Farnborough would be advantageous.