Location: Enfield, North London
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS (Outer London)
Daily Rate: £140-£190
Contract term: Maternity Leave cover
Start Date: ASAP
GSL Education are urgently looking for an inspiring Drama teacher at one of our client schools in Enfield, North London. The person filling the post will need to possess a passion for learning and teaching in Drama, together with the skills to inspire and motivate students.
The school is an inclusive all-through, 2 to 18 academy that is committed to giving children the best possible education. The school was judged to be 'Good’ and is 'strongly improving’ according to its Ofsted inspection on 22nd June 2016.This high-performing and continuously improving school has recently moved into a brand-new building and have state-of-the-art facilities.
Drama is a very popular subject at the school in both GCSE and A level. There are also opportunities for specialist Drama teaching in the primary phase of the academy. We have fantastic facilities and are proud tradition of extra-curricular performance.
The Academy’s students make good progress exceeding or equalling national averages at all key stages. Over 90% of its students have progressed to university including Russell Group universities following a wide range of courses. Outside the classroom a wide range of extra-curricular activities provide enrichment opportunities for our students.
This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher looking to make a difference to the lives of young people. The post holder will join a friendly and supportive team which strives to ensure that all students enjoy their learning and surpass expectations of achievement.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a qualified Drama Teacher (QTS).
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum
• Understanding of what is required to secure effective teaching and learning
• Knowledge and experience of using ICT
• Ability to use assessment data in planning
• Ability to provide appropriate challenge for students
• Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and an ability to maintain good classroom discipline
• Ability to converse at ease with parents/students and
• members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English
• Understanding of the practical application of Equal opportunities in an Academy context
• Ability to motivate students
• Good communication skills
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children
GSL Education are an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers and schools across the UK. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to this school and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Ryan Jordan, as soon as possible.