Drainage Engineer needed for a job working for a Local Authority.
Your new company
Hays are looking for a a Senior Drainage Engineer to join one of the fastest growing Local Authorities in the South West. You will play a critical role in a team that is essential in the delivery of key major projects for the Local Authority.
Your new role
The Drainage team in question has just received a 3.3 million pound grant for the supply of 9 new Drainage Schemes to combat long standing flooding problems. Your job will be to lead a small team of Drainage Engineers/Technicians in ensuring the delivery of these plans through proper co-ordination and design delivery.
Your Primary duties include (among others):
- Examine Planning Applications for Drainage Submissions and co-ordinate the councils response
- Maintain responsibility for current highway and open space drainage assets
- Registering and reporting of surface water and flooding incidents and provide costing for future works programmes
- Liaise with consultants, developers, and people of interest in regards to applications and enquires.
- General Drainage design duties.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered you must:
- Hold a HNC/HND or equivalent in Highways/Civil Engineering
- Be familiar with microdrainage and suds
- Have a thorough understanding of Drainage design specifications and associated acts and compliance
- 8+ years experience within Civil Engineering
What you'll get in return
In return we offer the chance to work with one of the fastest growing authorities on a multi-million pound Drainage project that is crucial to continuing infrastructure growth.
On top of this we also offer an 18 month contract, a competitive rate of pay and a quick start
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.