St Nicholas Hospice Care is an independent and innovative charity delivering specialist palliative care to patients and their families within the communities of West Suffolk and Thetford.
We have a fabulous opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy and friendly Finance team, taking on responsibility for making sure all donations are accurately accounted for and that they are suitably acknowledged with our donors. You will be keen to learn, great with numbers and accurate in your work.
The ability to communicate well with teams of paid staff and volunteers is important, as is a passion for the work of the Hospice.
You will be educated to a good standard, preferably with experience gained in finance or a business environment. You will be comfortable using a variety of systems and able to adapt processes to accommodate new events, income streams and activities.
As this role is responsible for overseeing the counting and banking of cash and processing card payments, applicants will need to be reliable and ultimately trustworthy.
Key responsibilities include;
- Ensure donations are properly acknowledged and donors are sensitively thanked for their contributions
- Ensure that all donations are accurately recorded and entered into the financial ledgers, including ensuring the correct coding is applied for reporting and VAT purposes
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to support their activity, for example setting up new processes to receive donations from new events or via different mechanisms
- Oversee the collection, counting and banking of cash from donations
- Ensure personal data held for the purposes of processing payments is treated securely and appropriately
- Reconcile donations to income received per bank statements, e.g. standing orders and bulk transfers from other collection services such as Stripe
- Work with the rest of the Finance team to support financial processes
- Manage and train volunteers as necessary to assist the job holder in performing the above functions
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve processes where possible to ensure donations are managed correctly and as efficiently as possible
Please note that for successful applicants we cannot guarantee on-site parking at the Hospice, encouraging staff to participate in alternative transport arrangements.