Are you looking for a fulfilling and rewarding role? We are looking for a caring and passionate individual to join our small, friendly team of Support Workers in the Stowmarket, Needham Market and surrounding areas.
This particular role will be on a permanent contract between 25 - 30 hours per week.
This is an interesting and varied role supporting 22 individuals of all different ages and abilities. These individuals live in their own homes and may only require from 2 hours to 24 hours a week. You will be actively promoting and encouraging the people we support to make their own choices in everything they do. This service is a busy and diverse service and we may support with the following:
- Personal care (requirements differ)
- Medication administration and management
- Supporting during medical appointments
- Finances - budgeting, paying bills and benefits
- Helping to understand written official communications and action them
- Meal planning, preparation, cooking, cleaning and going shopping
- Updating and maintaining relevant records
- Attending appointments and social records
- Attending appointments and social activities/day service. These can include, woodwork, arts and crafts, cinema, visiting a pub/restaurant
We provide support from approximately 8am-6.30pm over 7 days a week (no nights included). Your contracted hours will be over five days and required to work alternative weekends. Full training is provided and experience is desirable but not essential.
Due to the needs of the people we support, you must have a full UK driving licence with use of a car.
An enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate (paid for by Mencap)
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Vacancy ID: 12626
- support worker
- shift work
- personal support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job