At Better Healthcare we truly believe that caring is a vocation not just a job. We understand that caring can be a highly stressful and pressurised job so passionately believe that our care workers should be valued, respected and supported in all aspects of their role.
We have recently set up our innovative ‘Carers Career Pathway’ that offers the opportunity for all of our staff to follow a structured career path that will give them the opportunity to progress within the company.
Better Healthcare are one of the fastest growing care companies in the UK and a strategic partner to Luton Borough Council
Our career package includes;
- Excellent rates of pay £9.00 - £10.00ph
- Structured career path and career mentor
- Structured training programmes
- Permanent Contracts (16 hour & 35 hour)
Areas we are currently recruiting in:
- Houghton Regis
Better Healthcare are running a number of open days across their offices for individuals that would like to find out more about opportunities in care.
Please email a copy of you CV or for more information about working in Care contact:
Better Healthcare Services at: 105 Park St, Luton LU1 3HG or visit our web site www. betterhealthcare .co .uk
Job Description - Domiciliary Care Assistant
Position: Domiciliary Care Assistant
Responsible to: Branch Manager
Purpose of Position
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by care assistants is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the service user’s own family and is not expected to include tasks that would normally be expected to be undertaken by a trained nurse.
- To assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet.
- To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc.
- To help care for service users who are end of life.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes.
- To inspect, launder and mend service users’ clothing.
- To set tables and trays; serve meals; feed service users who need help; prepare light meals and wash up; tidy and clear the dining room.
- To answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone and greet visitors.
- To read and write reports, and take part in staff and service users’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To comply with the agency’s guidelines and policies at all times.
- To report to the agency manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user.
- To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible.
Person Specification — Essential Criteria
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of care worker:
(a) self motivated
(e) sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
(f) an active team player but also able to work on own initiative
(g) a good communicator.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment.
All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.
All staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'