The role of the care coordinator is to organise the effective delivery of high-quality care services in specified localities and/or under specified service contracts.
The Care Coordinator duties will include the following:
- Ensure that care worker rotas are organised and sufficiently well-planned, taking into account travelling time Interview and register Care Workers
- Actively work to increase the volume and quality of care support services
- Line manage care workers and other designated juniors
- Assist in care planning
- Maintain clear, accurate, appropriate and up-to-date records, whether electronic or in other formats in line with company policy and CQC
- Participate in staff development (including supervision), training and performance appraisals as required
- Participate in any meetings as required
- Provide management information as required
You also could be involved in the following:
Receive and handle complaints about services from service users or others;
Contribute as required to administrative processes such as payroll and invoicing.
Carry out on-call coordinating duties outside normal office hours as agreed.
Additional bonuses are paid for Care Rotas that are allocated and out on time on a weekly basis.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Health and Social care, preferably holding an NVQ Level 3 qualification. The candidate will need to have strong IT and logistical skills and good geographical knowledge.
The person who is successful will be organised, efficient, have an eye for detail and be driven to help the team maintain a high standard of service whilst expanding the service offered.
- Social Care