EACH is a small-sized charity (£1m+) with a large impact where it matters - on local people's lives. Our success is through our team of 50+ staff and volunteers, who are passionate and committed to empowering and enabling people to have better health and life choices.
We have been successful in receiving funding to support women (and their children) in NW London on domestic abuse and violence including through an emotional support line, more counselling provision and web-based/digital channels, as well as funding to extend our support to women and children fleeing domestic abuse.
We are looking for experienced and self-motivated members to join our Domestic Abuse Services for women and children as follows:
REF DASW0720 - Domestic Abuse Support Worker (Women & Families) - Accommodation based. This is to provide cover.
Salary: £20, 962.5 (FTE, inclusive of OLW. Pro-rata £12,577.50 for 22.5 hours)
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Duration: Till 31st October 2020
The successful post holder will be responsible for developing and embedding support to women and their children fleeing domestic abuse and living in refuge based accommodation, and enable them to move on successfully into independent living.
Your key duties include:
• Providing refuge based specialist support to vulnerable women and children, in particular BAME women
• Triage, assessments, safety planning, emotional support and move on support
• Liaison and joint working with Housing and other professionals and agencies
• Maintaining a supportive and healthy environment for the women and children
You will have:
• Experience of providing casework or keyworking successfully to women
• Knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse and its impact on BAME women and children
• Ability to work flexibly, e.g. duty rota
• Ability to work effectively with professionals and agencies
• Ability to speak a relevant community language (e.g. Hindi, Urdu, Bengali)
Deadline for applications: Noon Monday 10 August 2020
Interviews: Thursday 13 August 2020
Please note Section 7(2) (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 applies to all of these posts.
All interviews will be held remotely via video conferencing.
We are currently working primarily remotely and expect successful candidates to be able to work from home safely.
EACH offers a 4% - 6% contributory pension scheme dependent on employee's contributions and has a commitment to staff development and training. EACH is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To download an application pack for the above advertised position, please use the link below.
All Applicants must complete the application form, to be submitted by email. CVs will NOT be accepted.
For further enquires relating to these positions, please contact us onor email
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'