Domestic Abuse On-Call Support Worker (Part Time)
Bridgend (office/field based)
Are you seeking a challenging, yet highly rewarding new role as a Domestic Abuse On-Call Support Worker? Looking for the opportunity to support vulnerable people and act as an advocate for their rights? If so, read on.
Our client is recruiting on behalf of a pioneering charity that is dedicated to ending domestic violence and abuse. They are now looking for a Domestic Abuse Support Worker to join them on a part time basis.
- Salary of £10.20 per hour for call outs
- On-call allowance (£70 per weekend)
- A collaborative, welcoming and forward-thinking environment
In this key role, you will help to deliver vital services to vulnerable individuals and provide them with the support they need to fulfil their potential.
You’ll work alongside a welcoming and committed team who are always seeking new ways to innovate and provide an outstanding service to those affected by domestic abuse.
As a Domestic Abuse On-Call Support Worker, you will deliver a comprehensive, high quality, accessible frontline service to victims of domestic abuse.
You will help to deliver a 24-hour service which is accessible, supportive and welcoming to all individuals fleeing or experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
Specifically, you will:
- Respond to a range of telephone queries and call-outs
- Identify and assess the risks of victims of domestic abuse
- Ensure that a risk management plan is in place for all identified risks
- Work within a multi- agency framework to improve responses to domestic violence and abuse
- Signpost individuals to useful and relevant resources
To be considered, you’ll need:
- Experience working with vulnerable people, including families and/or children
- Previous experience of working within a multi-agency and legislative framework
- Strong report writing skills
- Great crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations
- A CAADA IDVA training certificate or equivalent qualification
Other organisations may call this role Domestic Abuse On-Call Support Worker, Support Worker, Social Worker, Children’s Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Social Care Co-ordinator or Family Support Worker.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to undergo an advanced DBS check, which will be arranged by the employer/our client.
This is a part time role, working on a rota basis, covering weekend on-call duty.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking a rewarding role as a Domestic Abuse On-Call Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job