- Want to kick-start your career?
- Struggling to get a job in Animal Care because you do not hold a relevant qualification or physical work experience?
- Passionate about animal care?
- Aged 19 - 24, unemployed or working less than 16 hours?
- Willing to commit to gaining a Level 2 Certificate in Animal Care (training will be online from the comfort of your own home)
- Want to gain hands-on work experience along with full support and in-depth training? (70 hours)
- Want the opportunity to gain a full-time paid role at the end?
Then a traineeship may be for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to gain skills and experience within an animal care setting, A Traineeship is ideal for those that want a career but lack previous experience or the necessary grades. During this programme you will receive hands-on experience and support to add value to your CV and help you meet entry criteria for a future career.
We are working with local employers to offer traineeships to young people. These courses are designed to give you better prospects of employability and real-world experience in the workplace.
At the end of the Traineeship, there is a full-time Opportunity available
You will have;
- Access to free online industry-led training (real animal workers and our employer partners helped create it!)
- Get to carry out work experience with a caring employer who will help enhance your skills
- Paid opportunity at the end of the Traineeship
What will you gain
- Level 2 qualification in Animal Care
- Employability Skills
- ICT up to Level 2
- Level 2 Award in health and safety in the workplace
- Level 1 Introductory award in personal and social skills
- Level 2 Certificate in leadership and team skills
- Level 1 Introductory Certificate in customer service
- CV/Portfolio created just for you
- Doggy Day Care Carer, Dog Groomer, Customer Concierge
Species on-site or available to work with:
Founded in 2008, we have become the UK’s recognised leader in a sector that is experiencing exponential growth. Our founder, sits on the board of directors for the Pet Industry Federation and has acted as an advisor for the likes of DEFRA, Dogs Trust and RSPCA.
We’re are fluent in dogs. We go beyond 'woof’ to a deep understanding of what makes each tail wag. We’re always striving to learn more about dogs and to care for them better. Our expertise means that we allow dogs to be dogs, and everything we do is for dogs. Our centres are divided into classes based on size and play style such as Agility Adventures, featuring agility obstacles to unlock the doggy senses, and Curiosity Corner with a sensory zone and open spaces to run and play with canine companions.
How to get to placement (The logistics!);
- Driver (Advantage)
- Transport Links available
What you will learn / The main duties (shadowing opportunities whilst on traineeship);
- Understand special requests and specific conditions for each dog
- Walk dogs outdoors in all weather conditions (anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes at a time)
- Give each dog love and attention and treat the customer’s dogs as if they were their own
- Ensure each dog is getting plenty of exercise
- Ensure the safety of the dogs
- Provide enrichment for the dogs
- Remove waste and ensure the kennels are clean
- Take photos of the dogs for their owners and update them regularly
- Provide food and water
Candidates must be able to:
- Stand and bend for a few hours a day to ensure the kennels are clean
- Lift, exercise, handle and restrain dogs
- Look after dogs as if they are a member of the family
- Undergo training as required
- Are you unqualified or qualified up to a Level 3? (if in animal care related it must be a level 1)
- Currently unemployed
- Aged between 19-24
- Own Transport
So what have you got to lose? Take a leap... Talk to us today to find you future career
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'