Purpose of the Post
From a variety of well sourced dogs, (maximum of 6 dogs on site at anyone time), train them to be pets, working dogs or protection dogs. Full uniform provided, excludes footwear. In addition there are a number of personally owned dogs on site which also require training and caring for. Evening and weekend work, to meet customer requirements.
- Train all dogs to a high standard
- Clean the kennels
- Clean up animal waste
- Feed all dogs and maintain their general wellbeing
- Attend vet appointments
- Maintain regular contact with customers
- Effectively hand over dogs to customers
- Update social media (phone provided)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with Dogs
- Flexible and professional working approach to meet customer requirements
- An ability to communicate effectively in oral & written forms to a wide customer base.
- Ability to prioritise workload and make effective use of time, workingand delivering to tight deadlines.
- Develop a client focus and effective networking to ensure that client needs are met.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain knowledge & skills in dog training and demonstrate a commitment to continuous personal development.
- Proven organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working individually and as part of a small team.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Own transport ideally a dog van or similar.
- Full DBS Check
Apply with covering letter and CV