Documentation Manager, Tamworth, Attractive Package
Our multi-award-winning, market-leading client has a new opportunity for a Documentation Manager.
Reporting into the Customer Services Manager, the Documentation Manager is a strategic role and lead author responsible for the documentation to present complex and technical information in a way that is jargon free and easy to understand. Both to external customers and internal team members the deliverables are our client’s award winning product through online help systems, electronic handbooks and solutions.
This role is supported by a Technical Author in the production of the necessary documentation.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Management of projects to complete tutorial articles to deadlines, including
- Researching using online sources, printed periodical and internal recommendations
- Providing estimates on time, quantity and content of articles
- Writing and creating articles to inspire users while keeping instructions easy to follow
- Creating and/or arranging creation of screenshots and illustrations for articles
- Ensuring all new product features are covered
- Arranging proof reading of articles
- Tracking and regularly reporting the development of articles
- Resolving issues relating to articles reported both internally and externally
- At least 4 years’ experience in software documentation
- Educated to Degree Level
- Portfolio of sample technical writing.
- Writing and video editing skills - the ability to translate technical language into words users can understand.
- Ability to understand the technology and product suite.
A great range of benefits, which are constantly updated but currently include:
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus the 8 statutory public holidays
- After 5 years’ service annual leave entitlement will rise to 30 days per annum plus the 8 statutory public holidays
- Afterwards you will receive 1 additional annual leave day per annum up to a maximum of 5
- End of year annual leave buy back or carry over scheme
- Long service award every 5 years equating to 1 months’ salary
- Company pension scheme, employer contribution of 2% of employees annual salary
- Salary sacrifice company car scheme
- Salary sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Flexible working opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Free annual flu jabs
Please send CV ASAP to Jayne at HTS
HTS, Specialist Recruiters. Contract and Permanent Vacancies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job