Document Controller, Poole, Permanent
Main Purpose of Job
To develop and implement processes related to document control and management and provide a high quality, professional service to clients of Rentec, Contract Managers, Site Staff and colleagues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive processing of project documents including uploading and downloading drawings/documents and printing distribution
- Building and maintaining relationships with design consultants, statutory bodies, sub-contractors, client team, external parties and our own project staff
- To manage all document control and administration for projects, maintaining accurate schedules and document record logs for all project drawings and documents
- Understand and fulfil project requirements
- Maintain the project filing system for electronic and paper based information
- Prepare, collate, update and provide all necessary documentation
- Archiving of electronic and paper documentation
- Updating spreadsheets within Excel, including managing and maintaining trackers
- Responsibility for the safe and secure storage of documentation and drawings, ensuring correct resources are in place to enable this
- Assist with preparation and collating of hand over files
- Manage procurement of selected materials and procurement costs against the Financial Tracker
- Convey all project requirements and the necessary design criteria to all consultants involved
- Attend team/hand over/project launch meetings as required
- Attend design and progress meetings with external parties as required
- Support and liaise with other staff in the procurement of subcontractors and materials
- Continued communication with supply chain partners
- Deliver an effective and efficient administrative service
- An overall knowledge and understanding of MS Office is essential, it would also be of use if you had overall good IT skills to assist in Document and Drawing Control
- Excellent record keeping, writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and to prioritise a heavy workload
- Industry experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and be an effective team player
- Highly organised, meticulous and structured approach to work loads
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"