CLPM is a Construction Consultancy offering Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Energy and Heating systems solutions to clients undertaking significant re-development in their homes or business premises. We bring the principals and processes that are common to large scale construction projects to high end residential & smaller commercial builds. See http://www.cl-pm.com.
Working in a busy environment, the essence of this role is to provide administrative support to the project management and management teams in a document control position. You will be responsible for reviewing the current document control process and where necessary, introduce changes to ensure that the systems in place are robust and run effectively. It is also anticipated that the role will include developing and monitoring quality and process systems to enable continued business growth.
You will have experience of working in a document control position in a construction environment for a construction consultancy, residential house builder, developer or large building firm. It is essential that applicants have a strong site administration or construction background to be short-listed for the role as limited training is provided and you will need to hit the ground running.
Essential Experience / Skills
Document control in a construction environment
Previous experience working on site or in a project office
Experience using various EDMS systems
IT literacy - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ideally MS Project
Excellent attention to detail and production of accurate work
Ability to communicate clearly on the phone
Strong written English and numerical ability
Strong team player - ability to develop and nurture internal and external relationships and the ability to communicate information and ideas pro-actively in a way which is received positively, both verbally and in writing
Ideally you'll also be used to developing and monitoring quality and process, have experience of MS Project or similar and a UK / EU Driving Licence
This role requires you to perform a wide range of diverse tasks relating to document control and process management support activities. The work will be principally undertaken from offices near Watford but the motivation and self discipline to work remotely when requested to do so is essential.
The following activities may be included within the role:-
Project Management Support
- Establishment and maintenance of central, electronic, site files, drawings and registers.
- Up/Downloading drawings onto electronic document management system and moving of superseded documents out of current folders.
- Track document approval times
- Set up the Handover files on each project
- Chase information for the Handover files and record progress.
- Take project minutes and convert to scheduled activities.
- Monitor and chase action of those scheduled activities
- Monitor the RFI process and chase actions
Company Process & Quality Assurance
- Manage the company quality process to check compliance.
- Chase CLPM staff members for updates on progress with relation to Quality procedures.
- Suggest improvements to the process.
- Produce company and departmental reports - e.g time graphs and project progress report.
- Check that a programme exists for every project within the project file.
- Chase relevant person to provide a programme if one does not exist.
- Keep the programme up to date by liaising with other team players to mark up and adjust progress.
- Ensure tasks are correctly allocated within the programmes.
- To follow the Company's Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the post
- When requested to do so, attend trade shows or exhibitions as a representative of the company or attend client site meetings
- Support the team in any matters that arise
- Support input to daily, weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Input data into the company’s central database.
- Keep the database data clean
- Email invitations to new users to use the Company’s central systems.
Hours & Conditions
Working within our beautiful rural offices, you will enjoy easy parking and short walking access to shops and restaurants.
Our standard office opening hours are 8.30am- 5.30pm Mon to Thurs and 8.30am- 4.30pm on Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break but we can look to offer some flexibility around the start and finish time of the role.
A generous 25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for the company closure between Christmas and New Year.
In addition to your salary CLPM operate a pension scheme in line with government guidelines. The pension contribution of both employer and employee will discussed upon commencement of employment.
- Administrative Support
- Document Management
- Process Management
- Quality Control
- Electronic Document