Our client is a leading UK Construction main Contractor are actively looking for an experienced Document Controller to work on a large scale on their £20m new build construction project based in Somerset.
This is a contract position to run for a minimum of 8 months on a landmark scheme that will only enhance your CV and open the doors to potential future opportunities.
This role will be starting in May 2018 until December 2018.
- Ensuring that all client originated documents have been registered in the document management module of its system
- Assisting with issuing document numbers using the client system.
- Notifying the document authors of any discrepancies or issues associated to the document registration.
- Approving the requested document number once all the checks have been completed.
- Managing and distributing all client originated documents that have been registered in its system.
- Checking the document for consistency with the appropriate document template.
- Checking and modifying, if necessary, the distribution requirements of the registered document against those identified in the document issue e-mail notification received from the author.
- Notifying the author of any discrepancies or issues associated to document that need to be corrected before the document can be issued.
- Uploading checked documents into the document centre and submitting the transmittals.
- Modifying the client document management system matrix with information provided by the client and submitting the new details to the client system's administrator for implementation.
- Adding new asset, area, sub-area, discipline and or document type as required and approved by PIM Lead.
- Tracking and expediting late comments reports and transmittals
- Generating and distributing document management reports and registers upon request of project information management lead.
- Providing basic document management training to client personnel on the project once experienced.
- Scanning the front sheet with hard copy signatures in accordance to client endorsement and distribution matrices
- Collecting electronic copies of the latest document revision prior of issuing documents.
- Taking all calls on site.
- Document Controller experience working with a construction main contractor
- Excellent IT skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- MUST HAVE Business Collaborator experience
- Experience working in Hinckley Point will be an advantage
Excellent rates of pay available.
If you are interested in this position e-mail your CV to Meera Patel at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup. com
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job