This role will be supporting a high end Aviation account and will be starting immediately.
Our client urgently requires a document controller to join their team immediately and would welcome interviewees before the end of the week (WE 9th Feb 2018)
- Review client document management systems, numbering systems and quality documentation / standards, on a project by project basis.
- If no document numbering system is provided, create an appropriate numbering system based on the company standard.
- Manage and file all received project information within the project folder structure, ensuring that all information is stored in an accessible and easy to view manner.
- Create all document / drawing numbers when requested by project team members.
Aconex provides its own document numbers.
- Undertake a Quality Assurance check on all outgoing information to ensure that all documentation leaving the company meets the minimum expected quality standards.
- Manage all issues of deliverable information to the client or other design team members or third parties, submitted via the appropriate method for the project. If any deliverables are rejected, investigate causes and correct the information prior to resubmittal.
- Create and manage a log of all submitted information on a project, clearly showing the individual revisions of a single document as separate issues. This is to ensure we have full traceability and recorded history of the movement of a document through the lifespan of a project.
- Manage external printing & delivery of contractual hard copies, as requested by a client.
- Upload and manage mark-up versions of documentation, to be uploaded in a manner prescribed by client standards or, if no client standard exist, in a fashion meeting the quality standard.
- Undertake / assist with all documentation searches for a project team member whether searching internal project archives or using an external client system.
- Assist the project team in providing all necessary information at project handover.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities required:
- The role requires excellent software skills : team working / good communication / reactiveness / adaptability / deadline focused
- Software applications:
The role requires good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience of Electronic Document Management Systems (Aconex)
Think this may be the role for you? Please apply online now and a consultant will be in touch soon. Alternatively, please call Adecco Croydon on and ask for Michelle or Lauren.
Adecco are an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- document controller
- quality assurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job