PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Support the Divisional Procurement strategy to ensure the business needs are met of value for money, quality delivery and risk management. To support the business by educating, influencing and advising key stakeholders on procurement best practice concurrent with effective supplier management and development of CBRE suppliers, resulting in exceptional standard of performance and contribution towards long-term growth and profitability.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
Support the Scotland Business Unit to manage existing and new supply chains
- Support contract better buying plans - understand customers, strategy and objectves, monitor and assist in delivery
- Support mobilisation of supply chain for new contracts - agree strategy and objectives, working with the mobilisation team and the client to influence and facilitate the appropiate supply strategy.
- Increase compliance to preferred supplier contracts through activities such as analysis of spend, rationalisation of suppliers, promoting benefits of preffered suppliers and influencing Contract Managers on supplier choice.
Supplier identification, selection and negotiation
- Review and analyse current spend within the division to maintain comprehensive knowledge of supply base and contract statues and identify value improvement opportunities by reducing overall costs and improving service delivery
- Review market to identify new and alternative supplier to meet CBRE's needs - incluiding new sectors
- Ensure suppliers are safe, sustainable and appropiately accredited
- Develop contractual arrangements with suppliers that are recognised for delivering best value, including high quality service delivery to CBRE and its customers
- Work with preferred suppliers in order to deliver best value, cost savings and service level improvements, achieving high quality and standardisation accross the division. Conduct regular audits and performance reviews with suppliers to maintain effective relationships and identify value improvement opportunities.
- Promote performance management, innovation and continious improvement to contracts and discuss how to replicate supplier improvements sucess to other CBRE contracts for mutual benefit
- Actively benchmark suppliers on price and capability to drive best value
Category and supply chain development
- Develop and implement category strategies for elected categories, sectors and localities
- Idenfity and realise opportunities to optimise the number of suppliers and leverage high performing suppliers
- Work with Central and other Divisional procurement teams
Educate and advise on procurement best practices
- Develop internal stakeholders’ procurement expertise.
- Advise on CBRE supply chain capabilities and participate in supplier meetings with contract staff.
- Promote and champion the use of CBRE procurement tools to deliver benefit to each contract.
Collaborative Development of the business.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of CBRE procurement strategies and initiatives within the Division. Working effectively with Central and Procurement teams in other divisions to develop and share best practise and technical expertise. Working with QHSE, Finance and Commercial Teams
- Develop and implement divisional procurement strategies and plans that result in meeting company and divisional financial objectives and growth and retention strategies
- Build relationships with key customers to actively promote CBRE’s procurement capability and to demonstrate the wider value add of the CBRE business to drive increased new business and customer retention
- Identify and establish the supply chain in new markets and territories to support CBRE’s growth objectives
- Develop contractual arrangements with preferred suppliers that are recognised for delivering best value and high quality service delivery to CBRE and its customers
- Develop and maintain relationships at the highest levels within preferred supplier organisations
- Develop and implement SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) strategies and plans with key suppliers that establish CBRE as a customer of choice in the market place and delivers value over and above what would normally be achieved
- Develop and implement category strategies for elected categories leveraging the wider CBRE market position that ensure the client requirements and CBRE business needs are met
- Participate in new business bid process, providing procurement expertise to the bid teams to enable CBRE to tender competitively
- Input to divisional planning activities with horizons of typically 1 to 4 years
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
o CIPS qualified, in-progress, desire to study or equivalent
o Operational experience of managing and working within diverse and complex organisation
o Customer focused, with excellent influencing and communication skills
o The ability to work with and influence a broad range and level of stakeholders and supplier staff
o Collaborative approach, with the ability to maximise short term whilst building upon long-term productive relationships
o Thrive on working within a fast paced organisation across EMEA, with a diverse supply base and wide geographical spread of contracts.
o Strong commercial acumen and a proven track record of identifying and delivering substantial savings.
o Proficient analytical skills and a measured approach to decision making
Note: This role may involve EMEA wide travel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job