We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Divisional Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join our busy, driven team at our office in Nottingham.
Avant Homes is a privately-owned housebuilder which currently operates in Scotland, North East England, Yorkshire and the Midlands – over the last year we built over 1,600 homes.
Avant Homes is pioneering change in the UK housebuilding industry by constantly challenging the status quo. We are restless in discovering better ways to design, specify and deliver outstanding homes – we are hugely ambitious and accelerating towards our next milestone of becoming a £500m turnover, 2,000 unit per annum developer.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Divisional Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join our team based in Nottingham.
- Up to £52,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Company car and fuel card or car allowance of £6,500
- Bonus of up to 15%
- Private healthcare cover
- Company pension
- My Avant Rewards
- 25 days holiday.
Divisional Health, Safety and Environmental Manager Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Health and Safety Director, the Divisional Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will monitor Business compliance to current Group H&S Policy whilst also providing a support and enforcement service as necessary. You will also be responsible for:
- Production of monthly performance reports to the Group;
- Carrying out workplace inspections both formally recorded and support visits;
- Monitoring subcontractor performance and compliance to their RAMS & SSoW;
- Assisting the Business with H&S Management reviews;
- Assisting with production of Health & Safety Plans and subsequent monitoring;
- The role will include travel throughout North & South Midlands. Travel to other operating areas will be necessary at times, you will therefore need to be flexible in terms of travel.
The Ideal Divisional Health, Safety and Environmental Manager:
To be successful for this position, you will need proven, significant experience of operating at a senior health and safety leadership level preferably within an organisation that utilises internal and subcontracted site operatives. You will also need:
- Formal qualification to a minimum of NEBOSH National General Certificate / Construction Certificate or equivalent;
- A proven track record of developing productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders and capable of influencing at all relevant levels of Management;
- Experience of introducing policies, procedures, processes and systems effectively.
- Proven experience of establishing a positive health and safety culture in a complex, multi-site organisation;
- The self-motivation and energy required to work and effectively contribute to a dynamic Health & Safety Department;
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills;
- Excellent planning, project management, organisation and decision-making capabilities;
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills;
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively;
- Ability to work closely with all levels of Staff, Management and Directors across all regional and support functions.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Regional Health and Safety Manager, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Good.Better.DifferentThe vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job