Divisional Head of Tenancy & Leasehold Services
£387.50 PAYE or £500.11 Limited Company
Outside IR35 - Therefore you can operate as a Limited Company
The successful candidate will have considerable experience of working at a senior level in housing management.
Good change management skills are essential.
Leasehold management expertise would be an advantage.
1. Contribute towards the strategic development and corporate management of LB Hackney and lead in the area of housing management related activities.
2. Be responsible for the strategic overview and management of LB Hackney's housing management activities consisting of:
* Tenancy Management (including dealing with anti-social behaviour, tenancy fraud and new tenancy processes) and Customer Services
* Leasehold Management and Right to Buy administration
* Income collection (including the maximisation of income from rents, service charges, and other income sources)
* Rent Accounting
* Resident Participation
3. Be responsible for all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements within the scope of the service, including those applicable to the health and safety of residents, staff and contractors.
4. Exercise effective financial management and control of budgets and projects. Achieve the required performance standards and ensure budgetary matters (including budget strategy and monitoring) are in accordance with agreed priorities.
5. Exercise effective human resource management and control in line with LB Hackney's personnel policies and practices. Foster excellent industrial relations through engagement with all represented unions.
6. Involve customers in the design, delivery and monitoring of services.
7. Ensure that the development of the service is aligned with the strategic vision and priorities set by the Mayor and Cabinet Member for Housing. Work with elected Members as appropriate.
8. Be responsible for procuring and tendering services where appropriate (including partnering arrangements) in line with LB Hackney's corporate procurement strategies and rules. Act as client for such arrangements when in place.
9. Work collaboratively with other organisations as appropriate to facilitate service improvement, community cohesion and other corporate objectives.
10. Drive and deliver continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the service. Ensure that services are customer focused, accountable and have appropriate and innovative challenging service delivery standards.
11. Ensure accountability in the management of complex case work and that performance management is robust in respect of direct reports and in the culture of the organisation as a whole.
12. Be responsible for the recruitment, management and development of staff.
13. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction across the customer base, particularly in respect of minority ethnic communities and disadvantaged and vulnerable groups.
14. Secure confidentiality of employee and resident data at all times with due regard to Data Protection requirements.
15. Attend evening meetings as necessary.