Divisional Automation Manager
Our chosen business partner is working with us exclusively on this superb opportunity. They are focused on establishing leading market positions by providing innovative construction systems and solutions with a global reach. Within their core area of business, they have established an enviable position as a global leader in the design and manufacture of high quality façade systems for the construction industry.
A key member of the Divisional Engineering management team, the Divisional Automation Manager will lead a global team responsible for delivering robust and compliant electrical and software process improvements, supporting complex process issues whilst multiple capital engineering projects throughout the division. An important aspect of the role is the flexibility to travel between their sites in UK, Ireland, Europe, Middle East and the Americas.
* Define the optimum automation engineering team structure and recruit, develop, motivate and manage a global team of technical experts that meets the current and future business needs;
* Establish consistency in the application of engineering standards and an awareness/compliance with machinery health and safety legislation;
* Support, initiate, deploy and sign off process improvement and efficiency improvement modifications to manufacturing systems at any panel site. Maintain the business direction of reducing capital engineering costs while increasing;
* Support multiple divisional engineering capital projects, process improvement initiatives and manufacturing issues at any of the divisional engineering manufacturing sites in Western Europe, Middle East, Australia and the Americas;
* Define and develop the engineering standard framework, ensuring standardisation of engineering components, build and project deliverables through the division engineering capability and flexibility by research, development and deployment of designed plant control systems;
* To work closely with Operations, Quality, Safety and other Controls team members to ensure that plant priorities are met.
* Significant electrical and software engineering experience.
* Electrical Engineer Degree/HND qualified or equivalent with at least 5-10 years' experience in a high volume manufacturing environment;
* Working knowledge of PLC's with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Siemens S7 300/400 with extensive programming and diagnosis experience in a manufacturing environment;
* Working knowledge of motion control systems deployed in a manufacturing environment with certified training or demonstrated experience - Ideally Siemens drive or similar motion systems;
* Experience in the design and installation of electrical control systems;
* Ability to develop detailed electrical design drawings and post project operational documentation;
* Ability to perform technical electrical calculations and provide accurate schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff;
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must;
* Ability to use judgment and make decisions in ambiguous, sensitive or highly complex situations;
* Ability to influence, challenge and negotiate externally and at all levels of the business is essential;
* Willingness to adopt significant global travel, sometimes at very short notice, is essential.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job