The Dividend Task Controller is a key role that will support dividend payment task delivery within a fast paced, high profile delivery team. The successful candidate will provide technical support, oversight and process control for the Dividend team.
A 'right first time’ approach is key to ensure tasks are delivered accurately and efficiently and with a service agreement of 100% delivery, Dividend Operations is both a challenging and rewarding environment.
This role is considered a Threshold Competent position and the attainment of a recognised qualification will be required within the first 2 years if not held already.Department Information
Dividend Operations manage and deliver over 1000 client dividend payments each year. The planning and payment of a dividend is a core service to our clients, who expect the highest standard of quality and service to their shareholders.
Dividends is based at Aspect House, Lancing and the teams plan, prepare and complete all stages of a dividend payment, working closely with Clients and Relationship Managers to ensure every aspect of the Dividend payment is accurate and delivered on time.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties
- Complete Task Control activities within set timescales to include the DRIP purchase process, closure control, client on-boarding processes and BACS administration.
- Provide technical support to the wider Dividends team
- Support the Dividend Management team with effective task checking, providing feedback to team members to enhance performance
- Complete team governance tasks and Management reporting
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Ensure that all regulations including CASS, COBS, MIFID and GDPR are actively managed and maintained.
- Identify and implement improvements to processes, procedures and systems in order to enhance controls and efficiencies
- Develop and maintain a range of contacts in order to exchange information and establish best practice
Successful candidate should posses the following skills
- Plans and organises to deliver critical tasks within tight timescales
- Recognises the importance of team delivery and adapts to shifting work demands with ease
- Keen eye for detail and motivated by delivering 'right first time’
- Good numeracy and technical skills; comfortable with data
- Communicates with impact; ability to influence
- Drives improvements and seeks out best practice
- SQL, Macro and enhanced level Excel skills would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of share registration and relevant regulations would be beneficial but not essential as training will be given
- Task Controller