Job: Community/District Nurse
Athona Recruitment is recruiting for a band 5 community nurse to work for a NHS trust is the Windsor, Berkshire area, on an agency basis. Full time and part time shifts available.
About the role
Working autonomously, you will develop clinical skills in complex wound care, supporting leg ulcer clinics, provide excellent palliative and end of life care as well as enhance your skills in complex care planning, case co-ordination, leadership and management. As part of our Community Nursing Service you will ensure that patients receive high quality, effective and safe patient care at all times and will have opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
About the trust
The trust provides a wide range of services to people of all ages living in Berkshire. They run a number of specialist services aimed at young people, adults and older people to support and treat mental health, physical health and sexual health conditions based in hospital and community settings.
Duties will include:
- Providing high quality nursing care and support and develop team members as appropriate
- Practical advice on aspects of health care at home such as diet, lifestyle, what medication is for
- Support for patient and carer after hospital discharge
- Assessing and accurately maintaining clinical observations of the patient, escalating as indicated when variances occur
- Being responsible for maintaining accurate and confidential records
- Building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- Administering medication
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Hold a valid NMC pin
- Must be a car driver, with full UK driving licence
- Have at least six months UK experience, preferably in a similar position
- Provide a clear, in-date DBS.
- Be compassionate and be willing to learn new skills to support patients through every stage of their pathway.
Why choose Athona?
- Excellent hourly rates, with prompt weekly payments
- Exclusivity to jobs across all bands and specialities
- Specialist dedicated recruitment consultant
- Referral scheme
- Revalidation support and CPD contribution.
Athona Recruitment's Nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in placing nurses into shifts, fixed-term contracts or permanent positions in the South East and Midlands. If you're looking for a role in the NHS or private sector, we have a position for you.
- Band 5
- Nursing - Band 5
- Nursing - Community
- Nursing - RGN