Distribution Warehouse Manager
Purpose of the role:
Provide the business with a safe and efficient distribution warehouse and overnight trunking operation. Measurements of performance will be against: safety statistics, financial KPIs to target, internal customer service KPIs, track record of team engagement and team professional development.
The position is mainly concerned with warehouse operations and efficiency in a fast-moving transit shed. The position would suit someone who has predominantly operated within a warehouse environment, coupled with an understanding of transport operations and working to tight & conflicting timescales.
- Working collaboratively with the Operations Director, other distribution managers and Commercial Manager to ensure the financial targets of the department are met.
- Co-ordinate the morning loading of C&D vehicles with drivers and FLT team to ensure vehicles depart warehouse at the earliest possible time.
- Responsible for the management of trunking runs and balances to ensure the best possible vehicle utilisation in a given day & week.
- Responsible for the evening transhipment operation to ensure agreed trunk departure times are met.
- Collaboration with network partners to ensure trunk times & hubs meet the requirements of the business.
- Responsible for the safety of staff working in or around the Distribution Warehouse.
- Co-ordination of the night trunking trailer fleet (checks, planning, maintenance co-ordination, development).
- Management of the FLT staff.
- Management of designated operators/administrators/apprentices.
- Working collaboratively with staff and the Fleet and facilities Manager to ensure the Distribution building and MHE are cared/maintained to the best possible standards.
This position is mainly concerned with warehouse operations and efficiency in a fast-moving transit shed. It would suit someone who has mainly a warehouse background, combined with an understanding of transport operations and comfortable working to tight & conflicting timescales.
Should you wish to register an interest in the opening, please contact James Lord.
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'