Our client are looking to recruit an experienced Distribution Team Leader to join the team on a 9-month FTC in Walthamstow.
Our client has been in the business of quenching the nation’s thirst since 1875. Now a successful FTSE 250 Company, they are an accredited Investor in People employer with a diverse and expanding range of quality soft drinks.
The Distribution Team Leader will be responsible for…
- Ensuring all staff and third parties are aware of, and operate to, relevant Health and Safety, Hygiene and Security codes of practice.
- Ensuring all loads are planned efficiently and effectively and delivery drivers operate within the law and comply with all current legislation.
- Maintaining staffing levels to meet the needs of the business and agreed budgets.
- Absence and performance management.
- Ensuring procedures for stock accuracy/ stock rotation/ product hold/ release/ isolations are adhered to in accordance with ISO policy and inventory system requirements.
- Conducting periodic physical stock checks and investigating any discrepancies against the inventory system and action, as required.
The role is temporary but with the possibility of becoming permanent. The role will be based in Walthamstow initially with a planned relocation to a location within 15 miles.
What our client are looking for….
Experienced in managing a team of people in a fast-paced warehouse / transport environment. Your role will be to support the Depot Manager to manage Safety, day to day operational tasks within the Depot, including all route planning, transport, warehouse and administration.
You will have the ability to plan and communicate effectively, work on your own initiative, identify issues and implement corrective actions. The nature of the post requires working some unsociable hours, so flexibility will be required. You must hold a current driving license.
Ideally you will have working knowledge of computerised inventory systems, be computer literate and have working knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations and transport operations.
What our client offer...
Our client will offer the successful Distribution Team Leader a competitive pro-rata salary of up to £29,000 annum combined with excellent benefits which include performance related bonus, 33 days annual leave (pro-rata), flexible holiday scheme, contributory pension scheme, life assurance and share schemes.
If you have the passion to succeed in this Distribution Team Leader role, please click to APPLY NOW!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Team Leader