The role of the distribution supervisor will involve:
* Supervising and packing of orders
* Working to and achieving SLA's
* Loading pallets and wagons and maintaining accurate paperwork systems
* Understanding the supply chain to ensure the product transports to the customer in good condition.
* Creating and producing warning/packing labels via PowerPoint.
* Offer support in running a busy packing department & maintaining a high level of quality control.
* Understanding & implementing varying goods-in procedures stipulated by National Accounts
* To ensure all goods-in are received correctly and distributed to correct departments.
* Managing the freight companies and overseeing the administration within the department.
* Forward planning/ordering of packaging materials.
* Booking in with Freight Companies and National Distribution Centres.
To be successful in this permanent supervisory role, you will need to have the following:
* History of dealing with Distribution Centres - this is a must have
* Able to work hands on
* Previous experience within a logistics environment as a supervisor.
* Able to work hands on and be able to lift items of varying weight.
* Strong administration skills
* Must be organised and assertive, able to use own initiative and be self-motivated.
* Preferably to have a Stacker Truck licence.
* Excellent communication skills
* Must be numerical and literate
* Able to understand written and oral instructions
As this is a permanent Supervisors position you will receive:
* £20000.00 - £25000.00 Salary
* Hours of work are 8 - 5 Monday to Friday
* 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
* Free parking on site
* Canteen / rest room
If you have all the relevant experience and knowledge then please do apply online. This is a permanent position starting after a successful interview.
Kinetic Plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 30 years' experience delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries. Kinetic Plc treats all applicants confidentially and we review all submissions. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV's will be considered against future opportunities.
- Distribution Manager
- Distribution Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job