Distribution Supervisor, Ashton Under Lyne, Lancashire
Our client is a well-established manufacturer, supplying multiple pallet deliveries in high volume to National Accounts via National Distribution Centres.
The Distribution Supervisor would be responsible for supervising the packing of orders, achieving customer SLAs, preparing and despatching of multiple pallets via different freight forwarders.
The role would involve administration, quality control and general despatch duties within an area that is predominantly hands-on. While the majority of your time would involve packing pallets and co-ordinating order completion it does involve a level of supervision.
- Understanding and implementing varying goods-in procedures stipulated by National Accounts.
- Managing the freight companies and overseeing the administration within the department.
- Booking in with Freight Companies and National Distribution Centres.
- To ensure all goods-in are received correctly and distributed to correct departments.
- Loading pallets and wagons and maintaining accurate paperwork systems.
- Offer support in running a busy packing department and maintaining a high level of quality control.
- Supervision of a small team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within a logistics position preferably with some degree of supervisory involvement, but not essential.
- Strong administration skills and must be able to demonstrate a high level of thoroughness.
- Must to be organised and assertive, able to use own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Preferably to have a Stacker Truck licence.
Hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday - Friday plus overtime.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Attractive starting salary with discretionary annual bonus
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Distribution Supervisor, Logistics, Despatch, Team Leader, Stock Controller, Supply Chain Warehouse Supervisor, Despatch Coordinator, Manufacturing Despatch Supervisor. Goods Out Coordinator, Manchester, Manufacturing, Production, Stockport, Bury, Hyde, Oldham
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job