We’re looking for the next generation of high performing, multi-lingual postgraduate talent to take our Logistics Department forward. The position is like no other with real responsibility from day one. You will have day-to-day interaction with various departments, like Customer Services, Warehousing, Materials Management, Transport and exposure to senior management.
This is a great opportunity to take first steps in your career and will unlock international opportunities across the 120 countries in which Hilti has a presence. The role will be based in Greater Manchester.Who are Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 24,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.What does the role involve?
- Be our Lean Champion and drive our Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) to achieve operational excellence.
- Drive our 1to1 logistics services to engage our customers and provide the "wow-effect".
- Investigating, resolving and preventing customer claims.
- Implement and ensure professional processes for non-standard services.
- Leading the management of logistics projects.
- Manage all related stakeholders in a proactive and motivating way
We're proud to once again rank in the Times Top 100 Top Companies to work for 2017What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business - to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best people joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
This is an excellent first step in your logistics career with a global brand.What you need is:
- - Degree preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing or related field
- - Logical thinker with a good attention to detail
- - Ability to proactively drive actions independently through to delivery
- - Hands on mentality
- - Second language an advantage but not essential, in particular Swedish, Danish or Finnish
- - Highly numerate with an ability to analyse data
- - Strong Interpersonal, Influencing and stakeholder management skills
- - Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- - Willingness to relocate internationally for future career progression
If we’re impressed with your CV and application, we’ll invite you for an interview, and introduce you to the team.
Flexible working is one of many ways that Hilti seeks to ensure that it offers a work-life balance that works for employees and works for the business. We offer flexible working options to suit different stages in your life and aim to support you to find the right balance between work and home life. We also offer employees the option to buy up to five extra days' annual leave each year.
Flexible working can take many forms, including but not limited to: job sharing, part-time working, annualised hours, compressed hours, flexi-time, term-time working, working from home, staggered hours, career breaks, time off in lieu, and flexible shift-working*.
*Please note that not all options are available for every role and you must complete six months' service before you are eligible for any change in your working pattern.
- International Business
- Highly Numerate
- Logical Thinker