Come and join the number one food service company in the country….
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs.
To implement plans for the Distribution function to meet current/future customer service requirements and continually improve cost efficiency/quality of service in line with the Distribution Centre goals.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Day to day management and planning of the Distribution function ensuring DC standards and targets are met
• Input into Distribution Cost Budgets
• Staff Recruitment/Retention – recruit, train and develop direct reports
• Staff Training & Development Plans – implement Distribution Centre succession plan & manpower planning plans
• Health & Safety and Legal obligations – adherence to Company policies and procedures & ensure Group H&S policy is implemented and adhered to
• Increase driver awareness to reduce accidents
• Customer Service
• Communication Cascade (two-way)
• Distribution Centre Security
• Input into Distribution & Operational strategy in line with Distribution Centre goals
• Management of Distribution assets
• Stock integrity
• Compliance with current transport legislation
• COD control
• Telesales liaison
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
Essential: 2 years management experience within a warehouse/distribution operation and a full understanding of current commercial vehicle legislation. People management, commercial, analytical and communication skills. A change manager. PC and systems literate.
Desirable: Educated to HND/Degree level and/or 3 years experience. CPC National. O License holder (CPC). LGV Licence.
Employing over 10,000 people, the group supplies a diverse customer base, which includes, independent pubs, restaurants and hotels, schools, hospitals, contract caterers and well known national chains.
Brakes Group has developed a clear customer focus and a strong understanding of the needs of the foodservice sector providing innovative products and services and is committed to improving both the environment and the communities it serves.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.