Distribution Demand Planner, with long-term career development
Are you a methodical candidate, from a supply chain or demand planning environment, who thrives under pressure?
We’re recruiting for a new Distribution Demand Planner job, for a leading, global FTSE 25 FMCG business.
This role would be a great fit for someone with experience of customer driven supply chain environments, who has clear, assertive communication skills and be comfortable working with data and demand forecasting.
The purpose of the Distribution Demand Planner is to be responsible for effective management and accurate forecasting of sales and product demand for a number of key UK customer accounts. There will also be on-going process improvement. As Distribution Demand planner, you need to work well under pressure and not be afraid to speak up and influence decisions. You will also have good problem-solving ability, able to spot where improvements can be made.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Working with commercial teams in closely monitoring forecasts for client portfolio
- Strong internal communication with sales teams and manufacturers, together with daily forecasts to ensure customer service level is fulfilled effectively
- Analysis of demand trends, making recommendations and adjustments to demand
- Improvements in supply efficiencies
- Managing inventory and monitoring in-transit stock
- Challenge sales teams wherever appropriate to ensure best supply / financial decisions
Skills & Experience
- Experience from within a similar supply chain, FMCG or distribution role
- A degree is essential for this role
- Highly analytical, able to recognise data trends and provide robust forecasting
- Assertive communication skills, able to relay information and influence decisions
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Thrives under pressure
- Able to adapt to changeable working environment
- A self starter, who enjoys a challenge
- Flexibility to work out of standard office hours
- Show initiative and entrepreneurial edge
If you do not receive an initial reply within 3 working days, you can unfortunately consider your application unsuccessful
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Demand Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"