DISTRIBUTION CENTRE MANAGER- LEADING FOOD SERVICE ORGANISATION
Distribution Centre Manager - Leading Food Service Organisation - Job Summary
An excitng oportunity for a Distribution Centre Manager to join a market leading food service organisation. My client is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. They are committed to provide their customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people with a 'great place to work' and its suppliers with a great company to partner. The company comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. It provides a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of depots, which ensures it offers an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of its customers.
Distribution Centre Manager - Leading Food Service Organisation - Role Responsibility
As Distribution Centre Manager you will be expected to lead and engage the Distribution Centre Team to deliver continued business performance. This will ensure they establish implement distribution and operational plans for the Distribution Centre to meet current/future customer service requirements to improve cost efficiency/quality of service in line with the National and Regional goals.
Duties may include but not exclusive to:
- Responsible for creating the strategic direction for the Warehouse & Distribution function and translating this in to a working operational plan to create a best in class distribution operation.
- Accountable for the leadership and management of the Warehouse & Distribution teams on a day-to-day basis and acts as a deputy for ROM when needed.
- Sets clear direction, through Managers, establishing clear, stretching but achievable goals and objectives for teams, in order to ensure customersreceive outstanding service at all times.
- Drives a performance culture across the operation, to ensure focus on excellence is deployed and embedded throughout the function, active personal development planning and structured performance review process are in place.
- Deploys a regular and timely communication plan with teams to ensure they are fully informed of business strategy and results and clearly understand the role they play in achieving company and functional objectives, and progress against plans.
- Develop and lead a Health & Safety culture. Including adherence to all Health & Safety and Legal obligations and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and reacting to customers' needs whilst maintaining all elements of the customer contractual agreement.
- Responsible for budgetary control and KPI delivery for warehouse & distribution.
- Developing operational roadmaps for warehouse and distribution to create a plan to outline best in class.
- Legal compliance to road transport legislation.
- Create and support training and development for management team, building a robust succession plan for all critical roles.
- Lead a multi-disciplined workforce through a lean management structure.
- Stock integrity ensure that Distribution Centre stock is recorded and held in line with company policies.
- Engage and manage internal stakeholder relationships with the regional support functions, colleagues within logistics and corporate sales and other relevant group support departments.
- Develop strong and positive operational relationships with internal partners and stakeholders, ensuring full engagement and collaboration on operational delivery that supports the business and aligns with our strategy.
- To be actively involved in specified project management as requested by the Regional Operations Manager.
Distribution Centre Manager - Leading Food Service Organisation - The Ideal Candidate
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideally we are looking for people with the following skills and experience, including but not limited to:
- Ability to create a strategic plan and translate this into transactional activities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a multi disciplined team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally & externally.
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Be resilient under pressure and demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to deliver commercial results when confronted with unforeseen work demands.
- Be able to act on own initiative and engage senior leadership team and key stakeholders in the value and logic of strategic and tactical business proposals.
- Embrace and role model Brakes values.
- General management experience within a distribution environment;
- Senior leadership experience;
- Full understanding of current commercial vehicle legislation;
- Experience of managing rapid growth within a business;
- Experience of leading a team through periods of transformational change.
Detail2Distribution acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'