Distribution Centre Manager, Essex, £70,000 + Car + benefits
Our client, a European market leading supplier to the service industry in the UK, are currently looking for an experienced Distribution Centre Manager to join an already successful team.
This demanding but exciting role requires the successful applicant to be experienced in the management of all aspects of a fast-paced Regional Distribution Centre operational environment and able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of both warehouse and transport legislation and its application within a multi drop operation.
Applicants will posses exceptional leadership skills, leading through engagement, motivation and inspiration. In addition to this, you will have previous experience leading operational teams through transformational periods of change, with a focus on site and team performance budgetary and commercial performance and process improvements.
As Distribution Centre Manager you will be expected to lead and engage the Distribution Centre Team to deliver continued business performance. This will ensure they establish and implement distribution and operational plans for the Distribution Centre to meet current/future customer service requirements and continually improve cost efficiency/quality of service in line with the National and Regional goals.
Duties may include but not exclusive to:
- Ability to create a strategic plan for the Warehouse and Distribution operations and translate this into transactional activities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a multi-disciplined team across warehousing and distribution
- Act as deputy for the Regional Operations Manager
- Drives a performance culture across the operation
- Drive business performance and strategy across all operational teams
- Adherence to all Health & Safety and Legal obligations and adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for budgetary control and KPI delivery for warehouse & distribution.
- Developing operational roadmaps for warehouse and distribution to create a plan to outline "best in class".
- Legal compliance to road transport legislation.
- Engage and manage internal stakeholder relationships
- To be actively involved in specified project management as requested by the Regional Operations Manager.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to create a strategic plan and translate this into transactional activities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a multi-disciplined team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally & externally.
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Be resilient under pressure and demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to deliver commercial results when confronted with unforeseen work demands.
- Be able to act on own initiative and engage senior leadership team and key stakeholders in the value and logic of strategic and tactical business proposals.
- General management experience within a distribution centre environment;
- Senior leadership experience across warehousing and distribution (transportation)
- Full understanding of current commercial vehicle legislation;
- Experience of managing rapid growth within a business;
- Experience of leading a team through periods of transformational change.
- It is desirable to hold CILT membership - or working towards attaining the membership;
- It is desirable to be CPC qualified - or working towards attaining the accreditation. My client is willing to sponsor the successful candidate.
- Budgetary Control
- General Manager
- Warehouse Management
- transport management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"