Hours: 40 hours a week,
Contract: Permanent full time
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 3FE
Benefits: Increasing annual leave, company pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash back scheme.
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Distribution Centre FLT Operative to carry out reach and counterbalance fork lift truck driving duties together with other material handling equipment (MHE) to assist with the movement of goods within their warehouse.
The right person will be responsible for the safe and efficient movement of product, unpacking, checking and storing goods received from suppliers. Duties will also include picking, packing and dispatching customer orders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out reach and counterbalance fork lift truck driving duties and use other material handling equipment to assist with the movement of goods within the WFD in accordance with the company Fork Lift Truck Operator Safety Code.
Primary duties will include:
- Loading and unloading delivery and collections vehicles, including containers.
- Take receipt of goods from suppliers
- Plan and carry out safe, efficient and logical storage of goods.
- Locating and retrieving product from adjustable pallet racking (APR)
- Picking and movement of bulk and replenishment stock
- Preparation and palletization of products received and awaiting dispatch
- Ensure the security of WFD stock at all times.
- Keep workplace, shelves and racks, clean, safe and tidy.
Secondary duties will include:
- Unpack and check goods received from suppliers against purchase orders.
- Unpack, check and advise Supervisor of customer returns.
- Advise Supervisor of short deliveries and discrepancies.
- Pick and assemble bills of materials.
- Pick goods for customer orders and attend to any special requirements.
- Pack goods for customer orders and label as required.
- Complete dispatch documentation for carriers
- Assist with cycle counting
- Achieve WFD and personal performance targets.
- Complete WFD reports as appropriate.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and to participate in appropriate training and development activities.
- Cooperate with the company on health and safety matters and comply with the company health and safety policy and procedures.
- Cooperate with the company on quality matters and comply with the company quality policy and procedures to promote a culture of customer service excellence within the company.
- Carry out any other related duties, within reason, as requested by management.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Must hold a current reach and counterbalance fork lift truck licence and have relevant experience operating within a similar warehouse environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a flexible `can do` attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to carry out manual handling duties.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ideally have distribution centre experience, although full training will be provided.
- Computer skills would be advantageous.
- Ability to use (with training) a Warehouse Management System which includes hand held devices and barcode scanners.
If you have the experience and believe that you can help us to deliver our vision, then please apply online, or e-mail your CV to
- Manual Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'