Salary: Circa £18,000
Location: Duxford, Cambridgeshire
Department: Scanning and Logistics
What it’s about
Are you a highly adaptable energetic person looking for career progression? The role of Distribution Assistant offers that and much more, you will be working with a great team and will have endless possibilities open to you to progress and grow in your career. As one of the team you will be able to learn new processes and will be trained to complete a variety of tasks. You will be involved in Continuous Improvement Methodologies such as Kaizen and Six Sigma, where you will be able to raise your continuous improvement ideas. Cambridge Assessment is both ISO9001/2015 and OHSAS 18001 certified, so you know you will be working in a safe welcoming environment. The role of Distribution Assistant enables you to become not only part of a great team but a great company.
Cambridge Assessment is an international exams group that design’s and deliver’s assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. There are currently over 2500 Cambridge Assessment employees with Cambridge Assessment being established for over 150 years.
The position sits within the Logistics and Scanning team, where you will assist in a variety of activities within either logistics or scanning, the scanning team are responsible for the scanning and quality assurance of all examination papers sent back to Cambridge Assessment. Due to the high attention to detail within the job you will need a keen eye for detail.
The role may require shift work for part of the year; this is dependent on organisational need. The shift work will be subject to a shift premium of +20% (+30% for nightshifts).
What you’ll be doing
- Using databases to ensure the quality assurance of script images.
- Using your investigatory skills to resolve both internal and external customer enquiries to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensuring all reports are produced and monitored as required, to monitor daily progress and team performance. (Ensuring all KPI forms are completed where applicable.)
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of the site processes and procedures, including our 'Speak-up’ campaign.
- Completing all assigned tasks in accordance to departmental procedures efficiently whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Have absolute commitment to Health and Safety at all times to ensure that Cambridge Assessment functions in a safe and secure environment.
- Identifying, escalating and resolving problems where appropriate and inform management accordingly.
- Undertaking any cross training within Group Print and Operations across all activities and departments as required.
- Assisting with the training and supervision of temporary staff when required.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will be flexible with the ability to pick up tasks quickly and efficiently, they will also need to be an energetic and enthusiastic team player who is able to effectively communicate to all members of staff as well as visitors.
You will be passionate about the role we play, going above and beyond to get it right for learners, dedicated to upholding standards and open to views of our customers, partners and colleagues.
Cambridge Assessment has a big drive in the way of Continuous Improvement Methodologies, Kaizen and Six Sigma, therefore we require someone who is passionate about the continuous improvement of not only themselves but also of the company.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Have good administration skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office products and experience using a database.
- Be committed to Health and Safety whilst having a basic understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We currently have our own in-house Learning and Development team who run a wide variety of courses from Excel through to Project Management in order to help employees not only in their current roles but to help them to advance into future roles. Constantly coming up with new ideas to help colleagues develop their careers, one of their newest ventures 'Learning pods’ are currently being introduced to Cambridge Assessment as we speak.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4 March 2018 and interviews will be held on 12 and 13 March.
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job