Shift pattern 4 on 4 off rotating 06:00-18:00 / 18:00-06:00
What's the role?
You will be supporting the warehouse management team in the smooth and efficient running of the day-to-day warehouse operation. You will be ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of store orders to the highest standards of quality, hygiene and safety.
What will I be responsible for?
- Deal with driver requests as they enter the site.
- Issue work to warehouse operatives in a time sensitive order.
- Ensure that accurate control is maintained of the assembly, loading and unloading bays.
- Ensure that documentation that has been completed by warehouse operatives has been completed accurately and that details are captured correctly.
- Ensure trailer check is completed in timely fashion and checked, challenging any discrepancy's where necessary.
- Capture details of work completed on a quarterly shift basis for the First Line Manager with details of any discrepancies to the plan.
- Maintain accurate records of loads received and despatched
- Ensure that delivery notes created after a load has been completed are accurately updated with the correct trailer number and made available to drivers on request.
- Update digital schedule
- Training: The job holder is expected to assist new staff to follow the required procedures, and identify where retraining is required.
- Ensure good distribution / documentation practices are adhered to at all times.
What kind of person are you looking for?
You will have a good attention to detail and the ability to use your own initiative supported by good numerical and computer skills. You need to be team orientated and have good communication skills. Demonstrate a positive attitude and be determined to work hard. The ability to deal with a high volume of paperwork and experience in a similar administration role would be desirable.
Experience in a similar role preferably within a logistics, warehouse environment is necessary. You must be flexible and able to cope at times when placed under pressure due to the changing environment
- operational administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job