DCS Engineer Hull £50k - £60k + Bonus
Your new role
The DCS Engineer is responsible for the management of asset life specifically in relation to the plants control systems. Managing compliance and implementing best practice to deliver continuous improvement in plant reliability, availability and efficiency whilst minimising cost.
Key accountabilities include:
* Act as the lead on all DCS, TCS and plant control systems
* DCS maintenance and configuration, logic changes, troubleshooting DCS hardware problems, operator interface consoles, adding loops into DCS and related services and repairs
* Responsible for tuning systems controls for optimum unit performance
* Provide direction and guidance to the C&I team
* Manage contractor technicians performing in-plant control system repairs and upgrades
* Identify opportunities to improve all aspects of plant performance associated with the role
* Lead and implement plant modifications and engineering improvements either individually or through team work with other station staff
* Deliver compliance against legislation, O&M policy, principles, directives and procedures, and develop and implement local procedures where appropriate
* Develop inspection and maintenance strategies
* Manage budgets to forecast and lead the review and planning for O&M budgets.
What you'll need to succeed
* Previous experience within a similar role is essential
* Hold an Engineering degree or equivalent with experience of maintaining plant control systems in large power stations and power generation plants or large rotating machinery.
* Be use to operating within safety, environmental and operational policies, frameworks and statutory legislation and have substantial experience of implementing quality control processes.
* As an established Manager, have knowledge and experience of managing contracts and contractors, people, budgets and project work.
What you'll get in return
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum + Bonus
Excellent company benefits package
Monday - Friday
Free, onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Distributed Control Systems