Economic and Financial Consulting Director
Working as a Senior Manager within a Disputes setting and looking for a promotion? Or a Disputes Director but want to make the move to the leading Economic Consultany?..............please read on!!
I am currently working with a global consultancy with revenues of over USD 1.76 billion and over 4,400 employees in 27 countries.
Their Economic and Financial Consulting (EFC) practice provides law firms, companies and government agencies with analyses of complex economic and financial matters to assist them in understanding the issues and opportunities they face.
As a Disputes Director you will advise decision-makers in diverse circumstances: in all types of disputes, including the measurement of financial remedies; in the context of transactions to buy and sell businesses, securities and commodities; in similar transactions in, or transactions to licence or otherwise exploit, intellectual property and other intangible assets; in decisions to price, invest, divest or restructure; in the economic assessment of performance; and in the setting of policy, or the assessment of its effects.
You will help clients understand and maximise the value of their intellectual property rights, and act as experts before courts and tribunals in intellectual property infringements, licensing, copyright and transfer-pricing disputes.
Suitable candidates will be problem-solvers who enjoy developing and applying bespoke approaches to solve complex, unstructured problems in a logical manner. Candidates will have strong analytical skills; be able to explain their work and communicate their conclusions and findings clearly, both orally and in writing; and be able to drawn upon considerable experience of applying principles to solve problems in practice. The ideal candidate will have an eye for both the big picture and for detail.
The qualifications and work experience that we look for in Director candidates are:
- Sufficient relevant professional experience to demonstrate the ability to be an effective EFC Director.
- An ACA, CFA, or other relevant qualification (preferably); and
- A first (2.1 or better) or higher degree from a university with a reputation for excellence in the subject in question.
In addition, the following knowledge and competencies are required:
- A solid understanding of the principal concepts in valuation, accountancy, micro-economics and finance and a deep understanding of the concepts in one or more of those disciplines;
- To be able to develop and apply robust methods to address complex economic and/or financial issues;
- The capacity to critically evaluate and compare different sources of information and assumptions to assess reliability;
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines whilst having to rely on inputs provided by others;
- To communicate effectively and authoritatively verbally and in writing. The candidate should have experience of writing and structuring reports, and acting as a regular day-to-day contact for clients; and
- To be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of other relevant analytical software such as Microsoft VBA or Access is also desirable.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now for immediate interview.
- Microsoft VBA or Access