Job Title: Paralegal - Litigation
Team: Dispute Resolution
Details: Three-month fixed term contract with potential to extend
Our client offers the highest quality of legal services, providing a diverse team that go far and beyond for each individual client. This is an international Law Firm who employ more than 800 people with over 500 lawyers, offering companies and individuals a variety of legal and related services.
- Liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Liaising with other departments where required.
- Maintaining client contact details on CRM (Interaction) database.
- Typing and amending attendance notes, letters, faxes presentations and other documents as required, using Microsoft Office and the DMS.
- To transcribe audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and reports and to prepare signed correspondence for despatch.
- To regularly, frequently and accurately maintain and update correspondence and other filing.
- To maintain confidentiality in respect of those matters which are commercially sensitive or secret.
- Preparation of monthly bills.
- Checking for monies on account to see whether bills have been paid.
- To work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Providing support as required by the fee-earners and working with other secretaries/paralegals in the Department.
- Photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Experience working in Commercial Litigation as a paralegal ideal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to effectively manage own workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ideally LPC/BPTC qualified or equivalent
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Pro-active and takes initiative
- Proficiency in MS Packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Experience with Document Management Systems is an advantage