Dispute Resolution & Compliance Legal Secretary
Dispute Resolution Legal Secretary
Douglas Scott are currently recruiting for a Top 50 UK Law Firm based in the heart of Manchester City Centre who are keen in appointing an experienced, motivated and forward thinking Legal Secretary.
The succesful candidate will be providing a full PA and secretarial service supporting the Partners and Legal Advisors in the Regulatory Team. This role requires proactive thinking to support the needs of the Legal Advisors.
* Diary management acting proactively where possible and highlight diary clashes.
* Business development; working with the team to look after and develop Client relationships.
* Organising meetings and events internally and externally ensuring best use of the Partners time.
* Organising meetings and events internally and externally.
* Collation and sending out of client monthly reports.
* Monitoring of financial hygiene for the team.
* Preparation of draft emails and correspondence for approval.
* Typing reports, file notes and attendance notes.
* Preparing enclosures ready for signing and sending out with the post.
* Opening and closing client files in line with best practice.
* Undertaking all money laundering compliance on new client inception.
* Undertaking all conflict check compliance on new matter inception.
* Filing of incoming and outgoing post and correspondence.
* Preparation of Expense claims.
* Cheque requisitions.
* Undertaking all client filing management and archiving tasks.
* Updating Interaction with client contact details.
* Liaising with clients over the telephone and at times in person.
* Organising meetings, travel arrangements, hotels etc.
* Hotel and travel booking for legal advisors
* Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries
This truly is an amazing opportunity to get yout foot in the door with a fantasic firm who can offer both clear progression path and a supportive working environment hwere you will be recognised and rewarded for your hard work.
Skills and experience:
* Previous PA experience in a similar role looking after Partners ideally within a litigation team, including familiarity with Court process and documents.
* Patience and good upward management skills.
* Self-motivated and able to work without supervision to a high standard.
* Excellent and accurate keyboard skills required, as you will be required to obtain typing speeds to a minimum of 65 wpm.
* Good working knowledge of various applications - word, outlook, digital dictation (power point and excel helpful but not a necessity).
* Taking care and attention in relation to all correspondence and documentation.
* Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure.
* Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work.
* A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail.
* Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and
To get involved please send your CV to Lilly Tomlinson; Recruitment Consultant at
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"