We are looking for a Display / Shop Fitter for our client whose customers include major DIY multiples, national/regional builder’s merchants and a nationwide network of independent retailers.
Their products are manufactured to their own in-house designs and specifications from sources all over the world.
Based in the West Midlands, this role involves travelling to sites around the UK 5 days per week and as such will require overnight stays away from home on a regular basis.
Working hours 09.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Pre-build POS and Displays items as and when required
- Carry out planned POS and Display installations accurately and efficiently to an extremely high standard including reading from plans, tiling, wall panelling, carpentry, floor laying, decorating and basic building skills
- Responsible for all aspects of carpentry and preparation for decoration including patch plastering, filling and sanding where appropriate
- Ensure that the work is undertaken in a timely manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship and cleanliness
- Manage customer enquiries and expectations, responding in a professional manner, coordinating with Store Manager and HQ
- Gain sign off of Customer Satisfaction form once installation complete
- Responsible for all transport, equipment and mobile phone devices issued and ensure kept in excellent condition
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5yrs experience of display or shop fitting essential
- Carpentry qualifications and skills essential
- Plumbing skills essential
- Fully UK Qualified Electrician advantageous
- Plastering and general building experience desirable
- Organised and adaptable
Company van and mobile phone provided.
In addition to this there is a company profit related bonus scheme, which based upon current estimates will add a further £3500 p.a. This is paid in two six monthly instalments.
There is also a company 6% no-contributory pension scheme which they also offer to match (up to a limit of 3% of salary) any contribution that the employee chooses to make, thereby providing a total company contribution of 9%.
All accommodation and fuel costs incurred whilst working away from home will be reimbursed by the company in accordance with the company Expenses policy.
Overtime will only be paid as follows:
- Before 8am Monday to Friday
- After 6pm Monday to Friday
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job