Mears Housing Management is a successful business within Mears Group PLC, having grown in 5 years to a nationally based management business with 12,000 homes and contracts with 50 Local Authorities and Central Government. We house many people in housing need who would otherwise be living in costly and inappropriate accommodation and as such we have a strong social pursue in everything we do. Our red thread runs through everything we do and we want people who share our values to help us continue to deliver customer focused services and innovatively push the boundaries of the sector. We empower our people to lead by example, taking ownership and responsibility to work to the best of their abilities and effectively collaborate with colleagues and partners to exceed the expectations of both clients and customers.
We are proud of the services we provide and with ambitious plans to continue this rapid growth, we are looking for a Dispersed Accommodation Team Manager to join our team at our Service Hub in Glasgow. This is a great opportunity within our Housing Management business, following the success of the Asylum Accommodation and Support Contract win.
This role manages and supports the front line delivery to our service users who may potentially be vulnerable or have a special housing need. Your role is to manage the day to day service of providing a home and support services for the entire life cycle from nomination through to move out and re-letting of the property. You will be responsible for ensuring your team delivers an exceptional service and keeps safeguarding at the heart of the service.
As the Team Manager you will motivate and lead a team to deliver an exceptional service to to a diverse client group and meet or exceed all key performance indicators. Managing the day to day operations and supporting the Dispersed Accommodation Manager to deliver against contractual requirements.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the accommodation service within an assigned region.
- Lead, manage, motivate and support staff to deliver contractual requirements.
- Create positive, continuous improvement culture within the business, embedding and managing through the principals of ownership & accountability and reward and recognition.
- Delivery of service to ensure safeguarding and welfare are fully considered and embedded in processes. Delivery of contractual compliance and successful outcomes of all Key Performance Indicators, internal and commercial targets.
- Management of risks through effective planning and service delivery; escalating to senior management for action in a timely manner.
- Management and development of relationships with internal colleagues, third parties and external organisations to support service delivery and property procurement.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of a customer focused service to our service users ensuring a tailored approach to meet individual needs whilst being culturally aware and sensitive of circumstances
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the central service delivery centre to ensure client, customer and service users receive an exceptional service.
- Delivery of performance and service reporting as requested by line manager, escalating all risks and concerns to ensure full resolution
- Ensure all records and IT data on systems remains updated with accurate information to meet contractual requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and provide support and cover for colleagues and teams within Mears Housing Management
What are we looking for?
We need a confident, professional housing/property expert, who has demonstrable experience to a high level with an emphasis on managing properties within social housing. We are looking for skills in leading, managing, motivating and inspiring a diverse team, whilst driving performance and developing staff. The ideal candidate will have good levels of financial acumen, service delivery, and understanding of contractual agreements and be a skilled negotiator. You will also demonstrate -
- Results and output driven to deliver contractual requirements
- Commitment to put the customer at the heart of the service to deliver a great user experience to a diverse client group
- Process driven candidates with great attention to detail and meticulous record keeping evidenced by maintaining accurate information on IT systems
- Continuous service improvement - this is a new contract and we need to be open to sharing best practice to ensure we have the right processes and resources in place
- Performance culture and collaborative working in order to effectively manage and escalate risk
Salary for this role is £32,500.00 per annum plus Company Car
As part of the recruitment process, we would need to carry out a successful DBS and BPSS Check.
If you are interested, then we want to hear from you. Simply make your first click and join us on our journey..
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'