Dispatch Warehouse Operative
Linx Printing Technologies are looking for a Dispatch Warehouse Operative to join their team in St Ives.
Job Title: Dispatch Warehouse Operative
Location: St Ives
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Linx is an internationally-renowned supplier of a range of coding and marking solutions including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Marking, and Case Coding and Thermal Transfer printers. Since 1987, our industry-leading technologies have helped organisations across the world increase their productivity while significantly reducing total cost of ownership.
Dispatch Warehouse Operative - Job Summary:
General warehouse duties including but not limited to:
- Maintaining OTD of internal, national and international customers whilst ensuring safety of self and others at all times. Prioritising workload to suit business needs, identifying stallers and escalating appropriately.
Dispatch Warehouse Operative – You:
- Confident communicator (written, verbal & electronic)
- Ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Able to prioritise varied workload;
- Good communication skills (written, oral, electronic);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised using initiative when required;
- Ability to build strong working relationships and a positive working environment;
- Sufficient level of mobility/fitness
- Ability to cope under pressure in a demanding environment
Dispatch Warehouse Operative - Key Responsibilities:
- To build orders as required from picklists from a combination of made to order and stock items.
- To make warehouse transactions of stock/finished goods movements whilst ensuring stock
- Accuracy at all times.
- Maintain a tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensure end of production line has space to operate by timely movement of finished goods.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to facilitate customer satisfaction and OTD.
- Loading/unloading lorries and general movement of goods using combination of manual/electric pallet trucks and both counterbalance and reach electric forklift trucks.
- Consolidation of finished goods operating FIFO where applicable.
- Transportation of goods between sites.
- Relabelling and repackaging products to meet customer language/freight methods.
- Manual Handling (bending and lifting) - Required
- Flexibility with working overtime as orders dictate - Required
Dispatch Warehouse Operative - Work Experience:
- Experience of working in a warehouse / production environment
- Experience of doing an active physical job including manual handling and use of lifting aids
- Experience of handling hazardous goods is beneficial
Dispatch Warehouse Operative – Qualification/Knowledge/Skills:
- Educated to GCSE level
- Reach / Counterbalance FLT license
- Basic IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office, email
- Knowledge of SAGE ERP software preferable
- Basic numeracy
To submit your CV for this exciting Dispatch Warehouse Operative opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job