Our Client is the world’s leading manufacturer of performance fluid transfer systems. We operate in the OEM, automotive, motorcycle, motorsport, defence and specialist industrial sectors. This dynamic private company manufactures in ten facilities globally and supplies customers around the world with a unique combination of design, innovation, reliability and outstanding service. Our Client has a turnover of over £35m and operates globally with manufacturing and distribution operations in the UK, USA, Mexico and Europe, employing more than 300 people worldwide.
To act as a shipping and despatch controller in a Global Automotive, OEM & Performance and Motorsport Manufacturer of Fluid Transfer Systems and associated products.
- Supervise the day to day running of the despatch department, ensuring all urgent and daily tasks are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate customer shipments both regular and unplanned
- Must be available for extraordinary customer deliveries or supplier collections (occasional evenings/weekends)
- Carry out regular audits on shipments to ensure high standards are met and customer expectations are managed effectively.
- Administrative support for day to day operations
- Control of web based portals on returned packaging from various suppliers
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in various duties and provide cover while on annual leave
The successful candidate must be able to: -
- Ensure the timely delivery of product to all customers
- Effectively support the material control of Finished goods
- Ensure the timely delivery and recipt of goods from UK based sub-contractors on a weekly basis
- Ensure Customer delivery requirements are achieved by overseeing distribution of out-bound goods
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Support the design and implement of a pull system for all customers
- The ideal candidate will be professional both internally and externally; constantly striving to improve efficiencies within the Logistics team.
- Excellent standards of communication, initiative and relations with all other departments are achieved.
- The position holder understands and then carries out plans and objectives agreed with their line manager.
- A satisfactory performance is reached to maximise work output.
- Attention to detail
- Workplace safety
- Demonstrate initiative & Multitasking
- Experiece preffered but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience working within a stock control environment
- Computer: Word, Excel, Outlook
Good level education in Math’s and English.
Mon – Thurs: 09:30 – 18:00
Fri: 09:00 – 15:00
Please note this role will require to work until a later time on last Friday of each month & may require to work the occasional Saturday.
This person will operationally and functionally report to the Logistics Coordinator
This role may be developed / changed and as and when necessary amended to take into account changes within the organisation in line with the company’s goals, objectives and contractual and legal obligations.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job