Discovery Programme Manager - NPI (Technology Scout) c£70k + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ3565
As an experienced leader is product development you will help to define and shape the future of the industry by leading an influential team of innovators and product developers specifically focussed on developing a range of new product and breakthrough product concepts for the future.
As a discovery and innovation lead for the global organisation you will work alongside the Research & Development, Commercial and Marketing communities. As product development discovery lead you will lead a team of skilled product developers in the identification and development of early stage product ideas and concepts, helping to push the organisation forward as the global leader in New Product Introduction (NPI) in its expanding markets.
- To lead a team of product developers in the identification of technical enablers and the development and validation of "proof of concept" and "proof of application" prototypes.
- To grow and sustain the innovation pipeline for next generation products.
- To support the identification of commercial opportunities relevant to this category.
- To enable the successful transfer of projects into commercial development teams.
- Manage an operational budget of up to £2.5m.
- Build a culture of excellence and support the development of a strong talent pipeline and succession plans.
- Ensure that the product designs are scalable and accurately address commercial requirements.
- Ensure a rigorous approach to risk management, and the development of solid Intellectual Property strategy.
- Define realistic, risk based Science and Stewardship Plans.
- Support the early development of industrialisation.
- Ensure effective, innovative and collaborative relationships are fostered and maintained.
- Promote knowledge sharing and transfer across the business to enhance capability development, informed decision making and trust.
Qualifications and Experience
- Science, Engineering or other relevant degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience operating in a similarly senior role within an R&D organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the key business activities relating to product design, manufacture, and evaluation of products to meet consumer and commercial needs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead early-stage product development projects - identification of commercial opportunities, development and validation of concepts, processes for idea generation, development and validation of proof of concept prototypes.
- Recognised ability to lead early-stage product development using Human-Centred Design.
- Demonstrated extensive technical knowledge of product development within an appropriate or analogous category.
- Strategic planning and implementation skills.
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering. 35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ3565 on
- Product Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job