Director - Service Charge Accounting Advisory
Senior management within the service charge team is currently made up two partners and one director. We are looking to add an additional Director into this team to free up the existing team to allow them to focus more on business development. In the short to medium term, any successful candidate would be more operational and their focus would be on reviewing and signing the high volumes of files whilst helping to develop the teams working beneath them.
You would be expected to establish strong professional and personal client relationships, particularly with our clients' project leaders.
You will have the ability to identify and act on any service issues, ensuring high levels of client satisfaction are maintained at all times
The Project Director will assume full responsibility for all aspects of client project delivery, including:
a) The delivery of exceptional client service;
b) ensuring risk and quality matters are addressed; and
c) proactively managing financial performance.
The Project Director Is the "go to" person for the client whenever the client has an issue or wants to discuss something relevant to their business.
- Will develop a detailed understanding of both the Global Outsourcing stream and Bristol office strategies. Delivering the strategy whilst working closely with other partners and directors as a combined senior management team. Able to share and develop the strategic plans of Global Outsourcing with the wider team.
- Have the ability to develop and implement the strategy, thinking ahead and proactively providing ways to improve our business. Taking initiative to deliver change and challenge strategic plans where necessary.
- Takes leadership of own strategic focus area and delivers plan.
Operational and communications
- Able to turn strategy into workable plans and engage our teams. They will take full responsibility for the delivery of allocated client assignments and at least one operational area within the business. Client work will include final quality assurance and the approval of delivery items in accordance with specific technical and operational requirements.
Developing self and others
- Strategic project management skills in accordance with the firm's principles. The individual should be able to demonstrate high level skills in dealing with people and the ability to coach, mentor, motivate and deliver difficult messages in a robust manner when appropriate.
Collaborating, innovation and change
- Will assume the role of Project Director (see below) for a portfolio of clients. Able to direct service delivery including processes, project management and technology deliverables to a first class level
- The following are key aspects of the role of Project Director.
DELIVERY AND EXCEPTIONAL CLIENT SERVICE
- Be proactive with regard to client service, not reactive.
- Have regular catch ups with the project manager to ensure any significant items - good and bad - are brought to the Project Director's attention
- Achieve client listening programme and score card scores of a minimum of 8
- Understand the client's objectives with regard to service charge accounting and refresh that understanding regularly
- Develop innovative solutions to the commercial challenges of the client
- Be involved in agreeing MSA, KPIs and SLAs with clients and ensure they are maintained to client's satisfaction, and consistent with the current scope of work
- Chair internal quarterly client review meetings, ensuring that actions from the previous meeting have been actioned, assessed and adopted as necessary
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for escalation of issues under the project / contract
- Continuously seek ways in which project delivery and client service can be improved
- Show good judgement in including the partner in client service and other issues when needed
- Empower managers to be responsible for the detailed project deliveries
- Take full responsibility for the financial performance of the project, including recovery/profitability, billing (including maximising out of scope) and debtors
- Seek and implement innovative ways in which to improve financial performance, including cross-selling opportunities for other streams and the international network
RISK AND QUALITY
- Take full responsibility for management of risk and quality in respect of the client. Ensure that contract terms remain appropriate, work is carried out in accordance with best practice and the firm and stream's policies and procedures
- Manage contract term, recognise renewal point well in advance and take responsibility for the negotiation of a new contract
- Periodically re-assess the project teams, to ensure resources are being put to best use from the client, and individual team member point of view.
- Ensure that the roles of all members of the project delivery team are clearly defined and that performance reflects the defined role.
- ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Ideally at Director or Senior Manager level in a large accounting practice
- Significant experience of delivering audit or assurance services to major clients
- Managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising and recruiting
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
- We recognise that this opportunity may suit an individual seeking part-time hours and / or flexible working
- Residential or commercial service charge experience would be beneficial but is not necessary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job