Director - Regional Firm of Accountants (Future Equity)
Are you a Senior Manager or Director working within a firm of accountants and feel you have no further opportunities for career progression?
A fantastic and unique opportunity is available for a highly ambitious ACA or ACCA qualified accountant for the role of Director within one of South Yorkshire's leading independent firms of accountants.
Barber McLelland are exclusive recruitment partners for a leading Independent Firm of Accountants with offices based across the Yorkshire region.
Due to long term growth strategies and future succession planning, the firm are looking to invest in the appointment a highly ambitious and commercially astute qualified practice accountant for the role as Director.
The position will alongside the existing Senior Director team and will take on the responsibility for a highly varied portfolio of clients, overseeing the delivery of accounting, audit and business advisory services.
As a key member of the firm's Senior Management team, the role will also involve taking a lead on marketing and networking activities on behalf of the business, along with strategic input into shaping the firm for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role of Director will be responsible for
- Assisting in the development and the management for the firm's regional offices with responsibility for full client ownership
- Overall responsibility for managing a diverse portfolio of clients across various industries typically small to medium sized owner managed businesses, this will include overseeing the audit process from planning to completion, reviewing of statutory and year end accounts, provide commercial business advice to clients, ensuring the delivery of high levels of service are achieved and within budget
- Manage, support and mentor staff members, this will include providing training and development opportunities
- Assisting in the development of new clients and identifying additional value added opportunities within the existing client base
- Provide strategic input into the operational aspects of the firm and helping shape the future of the practice
Skills and Qualities
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent and operating at Senior Manager or Director/Partner level. You will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of success in an accountancy practice environment across both audit and accounting engagements.
As Director you should also be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and business development skills, be commercially astute and have a strong technical audit and accounting knowledge.
Key for the appointment is to recruit an individual that demonstrates the ambitious, dynamic and forward thinking approach to match that of the firm.
The business are offering a highly competitive remuneration package, this includes -
- Excellent salary
- Future Equity
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
Please contact Justin Barber on a strictly confidential basis for further information regarding this opportunity.
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland
- Chartered Accountants
- Senior Management