We are distributors of the Knightsbridge range of lighting and wiring accessories and have a new opportunity for a Director of Technical and Quality Control
This new role has been created to complement the current team and take our business forward as we undergo an exciting period of growth. The ideal candidate will currently be in a similar Technical Director role and have a mix of operational and strategic capabilities. We seek a strong leader who can proactively direct and plan the Technical Department’s development but also react in a timely fashion to the changing needs of the business. For the right candidate, an attractive salary and benefits package will be offered.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Ensure an effective department which meets customer expectations, both internally and externally - ensuring gold standard service levels internally and externally.
Lead and direct the technical department encompassing Technical, Compliance, Quality Control, new Product Assessment and Returns.
Assess current practice and devise and implement plans to develop the department in light of recent rapid and on-going expansion
Oversee and have accountability for the technical scope of requirements for existing and new product development.
Ensure consistent and efficient new product assessment procedures are in place, in line with UK & Europe Wide standards, including product quality, production of supporting documentation etc.
Ultimate responsibility for Quality Control and ensuring best practice and consistency with all factories/suppliers in country of origin and within the UK. Demonstrate relevant changes in processes in line with updates to legislation and efficiency.
Oversee and develop greater efficiencies in relation to all aspects of the company Returns procedures
Be responsible for and support the Technical Manager and department personnel in ensuring best practice and on-going communication relating to all technical related matters and issues; including co-ordinating site visits, reports, responses as required.
Provide direction and support internally and externally in identifying risks, leading the management of incidents / emerging issues and working to improve processes including returns, customer complaints and systems etc.
Compliance - ensure products (current and pending) comply with the relevant standards and are supported by relevant and required Declarations of Conformity.
Managing and developing a robust system to monitor all Technical enquiries from customers and follow up, ensuring response times and standards expected by MLA and its customers are met.
Liaise with Suppliers / factories in relation to any issues requiring escalation from the Technical Manager. Ensuring swift resolution from start to finish.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring accuracy and optimum level of technical information is provided across all available internal and external customer communication medium.
- Overseeing all functions of the Technical and Quality control department.
- Budget Management of the Technical department.
- Implement relevant KPIs.
- Implement a system that measures team competencies and requirements in line with compliance standards and team objectives.
- Ensuring resourcing requirements are in line with business requirements.
- At least 5 -10 years’ experience in a similar position at an equivalent level
- Qualified / Experienced in Technical Product Design, Industrial Design and experienced within lighting and electrical
- Vast experience in Domestic and commercial Wiring and Lighting products
- Experience in product testing & installation
- Qualified electrician / lighting engineer, with proven track record at a management / senior level.
Skills and Abilities
- An enthusiastic leader with a demonstrative personality
- Conduct and credibility to set, maintain and exceed consistent high quality standards appropriate with organisational expectations.
- Ability to provide support and guidance to a mix of professional staff.
- Excellent communicator.
- Willingness to be flexible in approach.
- Personable, with sense of urgency
- Target driven - with the ability to work to, and set, timely performance goals/targets and clear objectives.
- A strategic thinker.
- Sound analytical and computer skills
- Able to make complex decisions under pressure.
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Able to demonstrate effective management skills.
- Industrial Design
- Product Design
- Product Quality