Director of Tax - (UK & European Real Estate Funds)
£125,000 (plus bonus + benefits)
WSS Associates is working with of one the world’s leading real estate investment advisory firm.
They are looking to appoint a Director of Tax for its UK and European funds. The role involves tax oversight of the operations of existing European funds and support for the creation of new ones. In particular, the individual will be responsible for the following scope of work:
- Working with outside counsel and other professional advisers as required to lead the tax structuring work stream for all new real estate products being created in the UK and continental Europe, taking into account relevant regulatory and legal parameters. This will require close collaboration and liaison with other teams, in particular the real estate investment accounting and product development teams.
- Following on from the above, the individual will also be responsible for liaising with third party advisors to ensure the downstream holding structures put in place for all investments are designed in a manner consistent with the overall tax structuring principles for the fund as a whole. This task will again require close interaction with the real estate investment accounting team.
- Reviewing operations of existing real estate funds to ensure all cash flows and supporting documentation are in accordance with the original tax structure papers pulled together at the inception of each fund.
- Monitor tax and regulatory developments and work with advisers to adapt the fund structures as may be required from time to time.
- Overseeing all fund tax compliance matters, including liaison with third party service providers as required
- Reviewing the adequacy of the transfer pricing arrangements in place for each fund and arranging for new reports/ opinions to be drafted where necessary.
- Liaison with the corporate tax teams when required, and in particular in relation to the latter’s approval process for the establishment of any new subsidiary structures being created.
• Fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA/ AAT/ CTA or equivalent with several years PQE
• In-depth knowledge of UK and European fund and real estate tax issues
• Strong analytical and corporate finance skills
• A good understanding of the European fund management regulatory environment
• A successful record of achieving business targets.
• An ability to relate well to other people at all levels, internally and externally.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to present well to existing and potential investors.
The role will be based in London but will require travel on an occasional basis to liaise with local advisors.
Please register your interest with detailed suitable via the link or contact WSS Associates directly
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Tax
- Real Estate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job