Are you an experienced Vocational education Quality Leader? This is an exciting new opportunity in a new College located in Doha, Qatar. The Director of Quality's purpose is to establish a whole organisation approach to quality assurance covering all the processes of the College's activities, in order to serve the students and other stakeholders in expected quality standards. The Director of Quality's responsibility is to co-ordinate and managing the work of the quality team and lead the quality improvement processes to improve overall performance and quality outcomes in line with current regulatory and accreditation requirements.
Key tasks of the Director of Quality:
- To co-ordinate, manage and oversee the quality improvement process across the College curriculum teams.
- To work in collaboration with all cross-college services, curriculum areas and external organisations to ensure active participation by staff in all quality improvement processes including self-assessment, action plans and performance review meetings.
- To implement quality improvement processes and tracking systems to ensure the achievement of performance targets so that the College can evidence impact on learners and added value.
- To work on under performing programmes to ensure they have robust actions plans and are clear about corrective actions that can demonstrate improvement and evidence impact on learners.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills of Quality Manager:
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance systems
- Appreciation of FE/HE accreditation requirements and methodologies
- Knowledge of the demands of working with external organisations, especially, government ministries, awarding bodies and universities
- Knowledge and understanding of good teaching and learning practices
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Be a native speaker of English or possess IELTS 7.5 or equivalent
- Post-graduate Quality Management qualification is desirable
- At least five years teaching experience in UK FE/HE institution or a UK-style HE institution
- At least two years working in a quality role in a college or university
- International experience, particularly in the Middle East, is highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of BTEC qualifications highly desirable
Appointments will be made immediately with the expectation that successful candidates can relocate to Qatar in April this year.
The contracts will be two years renewable. The package includes housing, car allowance, telephone allowance, flights annually, private health insurance + government health card.
Managers will have 7 weeks paid leave. The breaks occur in December, April and in the summer.
Family status available
- Further Education
- Higher Education
- Quality Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job