We are currently searching for an experience Quality Director for a new college based in Doha. The Quality Directors primary role is to establish a holistic approach to quality assurance covering all the processes of the College as a higher education institution, in order to serve the students and other stakeholders in expected quality standards.
The Quality Director will have responsibility for co-ordinating and managing the work of the quality team, leading quality improvement processes and initiatives with Curriculum Teams to improve overall performance and quality outcomes in line with current regulatory and accreditation requirements from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Pearson BTEC and our UK university partners.
Key tasks of the Director of Quality:
- To co-ordinate, manage and oversee the quality improvement process across the College curriculum teams.
- To work in collaboration with all cross-college services, curriculum areas and external organisations to ensure active participation by staff in all quality improvement processes including self-assessment, action plans and performance review meetings.
- To implement quality improvement processes and tracking systems to ensure the achievement of performance targets so that the College can evidence impact on learners and added value.
- To work on underperforming programmes to ensure they have robust actions plans and are clear about corrective actions that can demonstrate improvement and evidence impact on learners.
Skills of Director of Quality:
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance systems
- Appreciation of FE/HE accreditation requirements and methodologies
- Knowledge of the demands of working with external organisations, especially, government ministries, awarding bodies and universities
- Knowledge and understanding of good teaching and learning practices
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject is essential
- Recognised teaching qualification is essential
- It is essential to have good standards of elementary statistics, data presentation and analysis, be a native speaker of English or possess current IELTS 7.5 or equivalent
- Post-graduate Quality Management qualification is desirable
- At least five years teaching experience in UK FE/HE institution or a UK-style HE institution
- At least two years working in a quality role in a college or university
- International experience, particularly in the Middle East, is highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of BTEC qualifications highly desirable
- Higher Education
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Management