Director of Project Management
Our client is looking to recruit a Director of Project Management to join their global team in providing their customers all over the world with quick and around-the-clock access to development, sales, service and support resources in their respective regions in accordance with the "one face to the customer" principle.
As Director of Project Management you will:
• Ensure all projects are delivered according to the Product Lifecycle Management process and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
• Oversee the portfolio of active projects (including product sustaining), providing expert knowledge and support and monitoring progress and reporting on the portfolio status.
• Manage projects/programmes directly.
• Introduce and drive continuous improvement of the organisation’s PLM process.
• The role is expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programmes to ensure successful delivery.
• This role will also ensure project resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
• Strong project or programme management and excellent organisational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
The functional responsibilities of the Director of Project Management, Printing Products, will be:
• Project Management in Research and Development, including integration of purchasing and manufacturing for pre-series production across UK and international sites as well as external business partners based on the following business orders:
(1) Definition of project setup, determination of competencies, estimation of efforts and timeline based on technical concepts for new projects in preparation of Management Decision Meetings (MEM).
(2) Plan and execute new development projects starting when a decision for implementation is taken by the decision board until introduction to series production regarding quality, cost and timeline.
(3) Sustain launched products regarding field defects, obsolete supplier parts, cost down, supplier changes and manufacturing measures.
(4) Manage and resolve customer escalations.
• Multi project management of orders (1), (2), (3) and (4) including synchronization as well as planning and controlling of project-based budget targets (internal and external PLM budget).
• Implement continuous improvement activities to streamline the management of all projects.
• Ensure the comprehensive and timely reporting of project status’ in line with agreed timescales through the team, ensuring that all project deliverables are reported and are in line with audit standards.
• Ensure timely communication with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department and all projects, providing coaching and mentoring support where necessary.
• Functional and disciplinary responsibility of Project Management team members (2 Senior Managers, 10+ Project Managers).
• Support the R&D project roadmap and product portfolio planning for hardware and software including overall resource planning, including PLM budget planning.
The Director of Project Management will be able to skillfully carry out the following in regards to Project Delivery:
• Ensure detailed project, implementation or actions plans are created for the duration of each project as appropriate.
• Ensure projects have requirements documented and agreed to ensure that project meets agreed project objectives.
• Ensure monitoring of progress against all projects is timely and accurate and enables sponsors and stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions.
• Run or attend (as appropriate) Project Boards or Steering Committees.
• Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are being recorded, monitored and proactively managed to minimise disruption to successful delivery.
• Participate in project reviews, approvals, and gating processes.
• Ensure the appropriate and relevant level of testing is in place for all projects e.g. module, integration, system and field test with stakeholder sign-off as part of the gating process.
• Produce agreed levels of portfolio reporting on all projects being delivered or within the oversight of the Project Management department.
• Deliver an effective and timely schedule of project communications liaising with the relevant sponsors and stakeholders.
Experience and Skills
Requirements of the Director of Project Management:
• Significant experience at a senior level in a Project Management function and strong leadership skills.
• Recognised formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) is desirable.
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
• Degree qualified is desirable (minimum Bachelor degree).
• Open-minded and 'can-do’ attitude which encourages innovation, embraces change and displays resilience against adversity.
• Inspire and empower other people by demonstrating trust, openly valuing their expertise and clearly stating your expectations - excellent interpersonal skills.
• A relationship builder who can work effectively in matrix organizations.
• Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to challenge.
• Excellent written & spoken English essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'